Thursday, April 02, 2009

Guess what I got today!

So I was meeting a friend at the gym tonite... I knew she had a so-called "present" for me but I didn't know what it was.

I arrived early, so I started running on the treadmill. All of a sudden my dear friend Jenna approached me with one hand behind her back. What was she hiding?

I stopped running and she whipped her arm out from behind her and lo and behold what did she have for me???? Click to find out! My very own copy of Issue One of Hillary Clinton The Female Force!!

I just about screamed in the gym. This I was NOT expecting!

I thumbed through it tonite and it is quite interesting... The first page is a cartoon of the writer of the comic. A speech bubble hangs above his head. He says this:

Hey, I'm Neal, the lowly writer. Coming into this project, I had apprehensions. I mean, it's Hillary Clinton! She tried to ban Grand Theft Auto, right? My editor approached me for this and I balked. But researching I realized the numbers and the history make it impossible NOT to admire Hillary's achievements. So, to the skeptics I say, give this a chance. I write this out of respect for the woman. I do it, hopefully, with a clear and honest perspective.
It's an interesting way to start it all off, but he has totally hit the mark. It really is impossible to ignore her achievements!

The rest of the comic outlines her life up until the end of her bid for the presidency. It's cute! If you guys want I can scan some of the illustrations to share.

Also, Neal ends the comic on a nice note too. He says this of Hillary:

"She's FASCINATING. She is moving the cause forward for women. She's changing the world for good or ill, are you? She didn't stand for pity on the metaphor of a glass ceiling. She indicated, rightfully, that it is being literally destroyed by capable women. And GOOD. It's about F@#*ing time!"

4 comments:

askljsldjas said...

Hey, lucky you :-)

I got my comic book last week. I love it!

Nancy in Cali said...

Great present. I heard they are sold out.

Anonymous said...

Aww, cute. You have a very thoughtful friend :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I went to the bookstore yesterday to buy it and it was already sold, out eventhough it was the first day of the 2nd edition.Today I'm going to Barnes and noble to get one! May be I'll be as lucky as you are.LOL
VeyryCalif

Post Your Comment Below:

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories